A shrewd man, full of ideas, Ablett Bell was something of an entrepreneur and his friends were not surprised when he opened his own business.
In 1900 he was joined by the brothers Frank and Harry Jelley, forming a two-family partnership which has flourirshed for over 100 years. As well as ironmongery, the new partnership also supplied kitchen ranges, and introduced a new type of open fire.
Business flourished and by 1905, the company had expanded into a four-storey warehouse in Kingswell Street, as well as the Gold Street premises. Both stores were well stocked and visited by many trade and private customers. However many orders came by personal contact and from early days, the ‘commercial traveller' was an inportant source of business.
Reviews and Ratings
We do not have any reviews about A. Bell available right now.